BG-CO2 timer – to reduce CO2 consumption
Reduce your CO2 costs: The BG-CO2 Timer allows you to control when CO2 is released by establishing specific start and stop times. It enables you to set up two start and end times to release CO2 each day.
- Control the release of CO2 to coincide with times of mosquito activity
- Reduce of CO2 consumption up to 75%
- Extend the longevity of your CO2 bottle and decrease your costs
- One BG-CO2 timer can manage several traps simultaneously
- The BG-CO2 timer can be used with all existing traps and runs off of a 9V battery (a battery lasts up to nine months)
- The BG-CO2 timer is placed between the CO2 tank and the mosquito trap(s). Up to five traps can be connected to a single timer
To set-up the time frames, please observe, when the mosquitoes are active. This can be different depending on the location.
The following examples are just general recommendations. Please adjust to your local mosquito situation:
Time frame for house mosquitoes:
6:00 – 9:00 and 16:00 – 23:00
Time frame for flood water mosquitoes:
7:00 – 23:00*
Time frame for tiger mosquitoes:
7:00 – 22:00
* At the beginning of the nuisance, we recommend to start with 24 hours continuous CO2. When the population decreases, the CO2 timer can be switched to the recommended time frames.